Whether you enjoy independent living in a Retirement Living apartment or choose assisted living with Retirement Living PLUS you can rely on McCarthy Stone to make life easier.
You're getting warmer.
Moving to one of our stunning retirement properties will ensure you have everything you'll need for a warm and happy retirement. It offers the best of both worlds - independent living, with friendly faces on hand should you want some company.
For the life you want to live, we've got the perfect place for you to live it.Find a Home
Find your happy place
About McCarthy Stone Resales
At McCarthy Stone Resales we specialise in supporting our customers when they come to sell their McCarthy Stone managed properties. Our dedicated Property Consultants work alongside our network of experienced House and Estate Managers to deliver a nationwide resales service unlike any other agent. We pride ourselves on our unique understanding of our properties and a passion for communicating the benefits of life in our vibrant communities.
Since McCarthy Stone Resales launched, our business has grown offering the widest selection of preowned McCarthy Stone managed retirement properties. This means , whether you’re looking to retire with a sea view, in a quaint coastal town, or take advantage of the great outdoors, with the rolling countryside on your doorstep, or even enjoy the hustle and bustle of city life – we have the retirement home of your dreams.
Our developments offer a lot more than an exciting new home. We provide safety, security, companionship, and, if you feel the need, care and support. This is at the heart of our service. Find out more about what we offer here.
Plus, we have a variety of services designed to take the stress out of moving home, this includes free entitlements advice, conveyancing specialists, removal services and part exchange services. Our team will be with you every step of the way to ensure your purchase process is as smooth as possible.
Find the retirement home of your dreams today.
We are also determined to provide positive resale values and protect the financial investment made by our customers.
We are pleased that our in-house Resales team achieves a net price increase on average for the properties they resell. For example, for properties bought new in the last three years and since resold, the net increase averages 6%.
McCarthy Stone are committed to a long-term relationship with their customers. That is why from 2010 McCarthy Stone have taken a series of measures to build a sustainable partnership with their residents that is focused on their ongoing wellbeing. These include:
- We now operate every development we build, ensuring the level of service and quality of the scheme is kept at a very high standard.
- We have integrated our services, development and landlord operations and obligations which helps to retain the value of our properties.
- As we remain as the landlord and managing agent on all new developments, our customers do not have to deal with any third party.
- We have moved from selling 125-year leases to 999-year leases, meaning customers do not need to worry about lease renewals.
- We have set up an in-house Resales Team who are best placed to promote the benefits of living in a McCarthy Stone property and maintain a database of people interested in buying. This is part of our new long-term focus.
- We have improved our products by providing more internal space, additional car parking and enhanced kitchens and bathrooms. We are also reviewing our services on a regular basis and now offer new ways to pay for the services we deliver.
- We now offer much more tenure choice. In 2020, around a third of our new completions were for rent or part rent, part buy. We have also launched new partnerships with Anchor Hanover and Homes England to provide more affordable options and alternatives to outright purchase.
- We offer a service charge deferment option to support our customers and their families when they come to resell.
Independent research carried out by the Elderly Accommodation Counsel (EAC) in 2019 confirmed that new retirement properties typically increase in value.