About McCarthy Stone Resales
McCarthy Stone offers a lot more than an exciting new home. We provide safety, security, companionship, and, if you feel the need, care and support. This is at the heart of our service.
We are also determined to provide positive resale values and protect the financial investment made by our customers.
We are pleased that our in-house Resales team achieves a net price increase on average for the properties they resell. For example, for properties bought new in the last three years and since resold, the net increase averages 6%.
McCarthy Stone are committed to a long-term relationship with their customers. That is why from 2010 McCarthy Stone have taken a series of measures to build a sustainable partnership with their residents that is focused on their ongoing wellbeing. These include:
- We now operate every development we build, ensuring the level of service and quality of the scheme is kept at a very high standard. We have integrated our services, development and landlord operations and obligations which helps to retain the value of our properties.
- As we remain as the landlord and managing agent on all new developments, our customers do not have to deal with any third party
- We have moved from selling 125-year leases to 999-year leases, meaning customers do not need to worry about lease renewals
- We have set up an in-house Resales Team who are best placed to promote the benefits of living in a McCarthy Stone property and maintain a database of people interested in buying. This is part of our new long-term focus
- We have improved our products by providing more internal space, additional car parking and enhanced kitchens and bathrooms. We are also reviewing our services on a regular basis and now offer new ways to pay for the services we deliver
- We now offer much more tenure choice. In 2020, around a third of our new completions were for rent or part rent, part buy. We have also launched new partnerships with Anchor Hanover and Homes England to provide more affordable options and alternatives to outright purchase
- We now offer a new property refurbishment option on resale along with service charge deferment options to support our customers and their families when they come to resell
These improvements mean that the resale performance of McCarthy Stone's managed developments built since 2010 is positive. c.70% see a net increase on resale, and independent research by the Elderly Accommodation Counsel (EAC) in 2019 confirmed that new retirement properties typically increase in value.
Since launching McCarthy Stone Resales in 2017, the team have successfully sold more than 500 managed properties, seeing a c.4% net price increase per sale for an average resale. Despite a challenging property market McCarthy Stone Resales has had a positive impact on the lives of our customers and their families looking to sell apartments.
Our team is experienced
Our Resales team draws upon McCarthy Stone's wealth of experience building and selling retirement properties. This means we understand the design, special features and the facilities on offer better than anyone. Plus, we are passionate about communicating the quality of life available in a McCarthy & Stone managed development.
Our unique insight means you'll be in safe hands every step of the way- whether you are thinking of selling or buying a resale apartment. Our enthusiastic and knowledgeable experts will look after you and make sure you understand everything about the process.
We’re passionate about everything we do and focus our energy on contributing an excellent experience to our customers and we take personal responsibility for our team’s commitment to this. We’re continually looking for innovative solutions which can enrich retirement living and are determined to deliver these to the highest standards.
Some companies may call this a ‘mission statement’ but, to us, it’s much more than that. We want to enrich lives and at McCarthy Stone Resales, we truly believe and trust in these values.